: The steps in this article relate to the AVG Internet Security
products. If the instructions below do not apply to your product, you may be using the newer AVG Internet Security - Unlimited
To learn how to exclude files, folders or websites from AVG Scanning when using AVG AntiVirus Free
, AVG AntiVirus
or AVG Internet Security
, please read the article How to exclude files, folders, or websites from AVG Scanning
AVG Firewall may automatically block one of your applications from accessing the Internet. This typically happens for applications that are not recognized by AVG Firewall
. Please follow the steps below to allow any application in AVG Firewall
- Open AVG.
- Click the Firewall tile
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner and select Advanced Settings
- In the left menu click Applications
- Click Add
- Click ... next to the Path text field, browse to the executable file of the application you want to allow, and then click Open.
- Click Create, review the Application action options, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Firewall settings window.
- Verify that the application can connect to the Internet now.
Note: If the application has more executable files that require Internet access, you may need to repeat these steps for all it's files.