In certain situations, you may wish to define exceptions within your AVG program, so that AVG will ignore certain files, folders or websites when scanning.
Note: Always make sure that the file, folder or website is absolutely safe. Even legitimate files and trustworthy websites may be compromised.
- Open your AVG program.
- From the Options menu select Advanced settings.
- In the left pane select Exceptions.
- In the right pane click Add exception.
- In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
- Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude or type URL
- Click OK to save details of the exception.
- Click OK again to save the settings.