You can exclude certain files or websites from scanning and all active protection components, such as Shields. To exclude a file or URL from scanning, follow these steps:
- Double-click the AVG icon on your desktop to open the AVG antivirus.
- Click the Menu icon and select Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected from the left side panel, then click the downward facing arrow next to Exceptions to expand the section.
- Select a tab to specify what you want to exclude:
- File paths: type the file or folder location into the text box or click browse, and tick the relevant folder.
- URLs: type the website address.
- CyberCapture: type the file location manually into the text box or click browse to select a file (.exe).
- Hardened mode: type the file location manually into the text box or click browse to select a file (.exe).
- Click Add.
To remove an exception from the list, click the relevant row and select delete.