- AVG PC TuneUp (Unlimited devices), which includes AVG PC TuneUp for Windows, is activated with AVG MyAccount, and has this dashboard after installation:
- AVG PC TuneUp (1-10 computers), which is activated with a license number and has this dashboard after installation:
AVG PC TuneUp is an optimization tool which scans for and resolves performance and storage issues on your PC. Refer to the relevant sections in this article to troubleshoot issues which may occur when using AVG PC TuneUp.
What can I do if AVG PC TuneUp does not open?
If you are unable to open and run AVG PC TuneUp after installing the application on your PC, try one of the following solutions:
- Malware may prevent AVG PC TuneUp from running. Scan your PC for malware:
- Click the Scan computer button in AVG AntiVirus to ensure that your PC is free from malware.
- If AVG AntiVirus detects an issue, resolve it and then try to open AVG PC TuneUp again.
- You may be unable to open AVG PC TuneUp because of a corrupted installation. Follow these steps to repair your program installation:
- Go to your system Control Panel.
- Click Programs ▸ Programs and Features (or click Add or Remove Programs if you are using Windows XP).
- Right-click AVG PC TuneUp in the list of programs and select Change.
- Click Yes in the permissions dialog that appears.
- Click the Repair tile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process. Restart your PC if prompted.
- If neither of the previous solutions resolved your issue, try uninstalling and then reinstalling AVG PC TuneUp.
- If you are still unable to open AVG PC TuneUp, contact AVG Technical Support.
How can I undo changes which AVG PC TuneUp has made to my PC?
In rare cases, AVG PC TuneUp updates may cause issues with certain applications on your PC, stop certain files from opening, or slow down your PC. Undo changes by following the steps below:
- Click the AVG PC TuneUp icon on your desktop to open the interface.
- Click the Rescue Center icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the action you want to undo and click Restore.
- Click OK to confirm.
Note: the date when the change was implemented is shown to the right of each action. If you are unsure which change caused the issue, we recommend undoing changes which were implemented most recently, or just prior to when you first noticed the issue.
What can I do if a disk check stops mid-progress?
When you Check hard disk for errors and select Thorough analysis, your computer restarts and the disk check runs during startup. In rare cases, the disk check stops mid-progress and may appear unresponsive, typically at around 27%. If this happens, we recommend following the steps below:
- Allow up to 2 hours for the disk check to complete.
- If the disk check remains unresponsive after this time, restart your PC.
- During reboot, you see a prompt to skip the disk check. This prompt appears for 1 second only, so we recommend pressing the SPACE key repeatedly during reboot to skip analysis.
- Download the CheckDisk mod tool. This ensures that AVG PC TuneUp does not attempt to continue the disk check next time you start up your PC.
- Run the downloaded tool, then click Continue.
- The Work done dialog appears.
Disk check during startup is now disabled