When troubleshooting AVG software issues with AVG Support, you may be requested to compress (or zip) certain files before sending them to AVG Support for further analysis. Zipped files consume less storage space, which makes them easier to send via the internet.
- On your keyboard, press the
Ekey simultaneously to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the file(s) you need to compress.
- Select the file(s) you need to compress. To select all files in a folder, press the
Akey simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Right-click the selected file(s) and click Send to ▸ Compressed (zipped) folder.
- The selected files are compressed to a new .zip archive, which is located in the same location as the original file(s).
- Send the zipped folder to AVG Support and wait for further instructions.
- All AVG consumer products for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit