When diagnosing performance or compatibility issues, AVG Support may ask you to provide a kernel memory dump from your PC. A kernel memory dump file is generated automatically during a PC crash and includes all the memory in use by the kernel. Follow the steps in this article to generate a kernel memory dump in Microsoft Windows on systems which are not completely frozen.
Once you have created the dump file, send it to AVG Support. You can do this via a support ticket if the dump file is 5 MB or less.
If the dump file is larger than 5 MB, upload it to the AVG FTP server using the instructions in the following article:
For more details about this troubleshooting procedure and the registry entries contained in the
SmallCrashOnCtrlScroll.reg file, refer to the following article on the Microsoft website:
- All AVG consumer products for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit