The Anti-Theft feature in AVG AntiVirus for Android allows you to connect to your lost or stolen device and execute several commands remotely from your AVG Account. You cannot control a device remotely unless the following requirements are met:
- The device is turned on and connected to the internet.
- The Anti-Theft feature is enabled on the device.
- The AVG AntiVirus for Android app is connected to an AVG Account.
Access remote commands
All remote commands are available in the Anti-Theft section of your AVG Account. To access the available remote commands:
- Sign in to your AVG Account using the link below
- Click the Anti-Theft tile on the AVG Account dashboard.
- Select your chosen command from:
The sections below contain information about commands available via the command panel.
The sections below contain information about commands available via the command list.
When you send the Locate, Mark as lost, or Take picture commands, your device sends data to the Notifications section of your AVG Account.
To access data received to your AVG Account:
- Select the relevant device in the left panel, and click Info.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Under the Message section, click the icon next to the relevant notification to view or download data.
- An audio file was received: This file contains data initiated by the Mark as Lost and Record audio commands. To download the audio file, click the ↓ download icon. The file starts downloading automatically and saves to your Downloads folder by default.
- A picture was received: This file contains a photo initiated by the Mark as lost and Take picture commands. To download the photo click the ↓ download icon. The file starts downloading automatically and saves to your Downloads folder by default.
- A position update was received: This file contains data initiated by the Mark as lost and Locate commands. To view location data, click the GPS pin icon. A map appears showing your device's location. Click the table icon to open the GPS coordinates and review your device's location, latitude, longitude, and information about accuracy. You can provide this information to the police if necessary.
Adjust Lost command behavior
You can customize which features are enabled when you mark your device as Lost using either method below:
- AVG AntiVirus for Android: Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Anti-Theft and scroll down to the When Device Is Marked As Lost section.
- The Anti-Theft section of your AVG Account: Select your device and go to Settings ▸ Anti-Theft ▸ Protection Behavior.
- AVG AntiVirus 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher