Configuring the Offline On-Premise Console (AVG Business)
For configuration of the Avast offline On-Premise Console, see Configuring the Offline On-Premise Console.
Requirements for Offline Configuration:
- at least one network adapter enabled on the station
- the download tool requires .NET 4.5 for Windows
- the download tool will work when a proxy is being used as long as the proxy is configured in the policy for the Master Agent/Update Mirror device
Configuring the Offline Console
If you are using the On-Premise Console, you have access to a standalone AVG Updates Download Tool for offline or isolated networks, which will download necessary program and virus definition update files.
- Install the On-Premise Console using the guidelines above; however, ensure you tick the Offline Operation check box during setup
- Log in to the On-Premise Console. You should be brought to the Offline Configuration tab
- On a device with access to the internet, download the AVG Updates Download Tool (located here)
- The download tool will download all necessary update files (see Using the Updates Download Tool below.)
- You will need your Wallet Key (see Locating Your Wallet Key below)
- Copy the offline folder from the download location (default path C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\AVGDownloader) to
C:\Program Files\AVG\Management Console\consoleon the device with Console installed
- On the Offline Configuration page, click Check Configuration. If all files are in place, you should be redirected to the Dashboard
- (Optional) Change the download location using the Browse button.
- Insert wallet key.
- Click Download.
Alternatively, if you would like to use Command Line, run the following command:
.\AVGUpdatesDownloader.exe /auto /lic="XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX" /dir=C:\\AVGDownloader
When download is complete, two folders are created:
- \offline: appremover.exe, license, latest version information, ccupgrade.exe, Agent and AV offline installers (this folder used by the Console)
- \updates: program and virus definition update files for clients (this folder used by device set as mirror)
Updating Clients Using Mirror
After client installation (see Adding Devices to Your Network) you must set up one device in your network as an Update Mirror (master agent) for providing updates to other devices.
When the Mirror is ready, copy the updates folder to it and create the configuration file on the device:
- Copy the updates folder from the AVG Updates Download location (default path
C:\ProgramData\AVG\Business Agent\updates\, create file with file name
- Add to the file:
Program updates could take approximately 20 minutes to complete, and Anti-Spam definition updates are not supported in offline networks.
If you have been provided with an Activation Code for your On-Premise Console, you will need to register the code to receive your Wallet Key. Activation Codes normally provided when licenses are purchased will not work within the Offline Console, as the codes have to be validated over the internet. Direct Customers, however, will receive an email with the Wallet Key, and can use that in their Console.
AVG customers should simply contact Business Technical Support to be provided the correct Wallet Key.