AVG Remote Administration allows the network administrator to remotely install, update, and configure AVG across the computer network.
Please follow these steps to install AVG Remote Administration:
- Visit the AVG Remote Administration Downloads page.
- Click the name of your product, and then download the AVG Admin for Windows installation file.
- Run the downloaded file, and then follow the installation wizard and select the suitable installation type. To install all components of AVG Remote Administration we recommend that you choose the Full Installation option.
- Finish the installation.
As soon as the installation of AVG Remote Administration is finished, AVG Admin Server Deployment Wizard will be automatically started. Please proceed as follows:
- Choose the required roles for your AVG Admin Server (in case of the Full Installation type we recommend that you choose both roles).
DataCenter role - allows central management of AVG stations configurations and collects scan results from stations.
UpdateProxy role - mirrors downloaded update files for AVG stations.
- Choose your preferred database type. For information about the available options please refer to the AVG AntiVirus Business Edition User Guide at http://www.avg.com/downloads-documentation.
- Please choose the folder where the downloaded update files should be stored. We recommend that you use the default folder.
- Check the list of AVG update servers - these servers will be used on stations.
- Check your settings of AVG Admin Server and finish the Deployment Wizard by clicking Deploy.
After the installation you can run the AVG Admin Console
to manage your settings, or AVG Network Installer Wizard
to install AVG clients on the stations in your network. For more information please refer to the help in the product, or to the documentation available at:http://www.avg.com/downloads-documentation
For information on adding or removing features from AVG Business Edition, please see the following article: How to add or remove features from AVG Business Edition