You can update a Monitoring Policy by installing a newer version from the Update Center.
To upgrade a Monitoring Policy, please follow the steps below:
- Export the current version of the Monitoring Policy as a backup. For detailed instructions on this process please see the article Exporting a Monitoring Policy
- Delete the current version of the Monitoring Policy that you want to replace. For additional information on this process please see the article Deleting a Monitoring Policy
- In the Service Center click Update Center--> Components
- Click Updates
- In the Type Column select Monitoring Policies from the list
- Select the check box beside the Monitoring Policy you want to update
- Click Update
Note: After the update has installed, the Monitoring Policy is updated wherever it is being used; you do not have to re-add the Monitoring Policy to a Service Plan.
- Add any monitors that you had in the previous version.