If you are redirected to a completely blank page when attempting to log into the Quarantine pages on the Norman Email Protection (NEP) server, the Web program is attempting to connect to the SMTP server with an incorrect IP address. An invalid IP address was wither entered or your network configuration has changed and the IP addresses were not updated for the Web program.
Note: Any IP address change on the NEP server is not automatically inherited by WebMail or WebQuarantine and must be configured manually in the Web program files.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- In Windows Explorer, go to \Norman\Web\WebQuarantine and open the webmailsvr.ini file with Notepad
- Verify that the address after host= and ModusGateServer are the NEP server IP address
This should be the first static IP address of the server (from the first NIC card if there are multiple NIC's installed).
- Verify if the machine is able to resolve the loopback address (127.0.0.1) entered for the SMTP, POP and IMAP connections
- If your firewall or network security does not permit the use of this IP address, replace it in the webmailsvr.ini file with either localhost or the actual static IP of the server
- Save the file if a change is made
- Stop and start all the services in the NEP > System > Services. It may also be necessary to restart the IIS service