To enable all features in AVG AntiTrack, you need to install an additional extension in your web browser(s). The first time you launch AVG AntiTrack, the application automatically checks for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera browsers, then prompts you to install the extension. If you skip this step, or need to install the extension later, refer to the steps in this article.
Install the extension
Manage the extension
- Open AVG AntiTrack and click the Browser protection tile.
- Review the status for each compatible browser:
- Browsers that are Enabled have a green (Protected) slider.
- Browsers that are Not Enabled have a red (Not protected) slider.
- Browsers that are not installed on your PC appear as gray with the message Browser not installed.
When a browser extension is Not Enabled, AVG AntiTrack continues to detect tracking attempts on this browser, but is unable to block them. To review all blocked and unblocked tracking attempts:
- Hover your cursor over the graph icon at the bottom of the AVG AntiTrack dashboard and select See All Reports.
- Check details about recent tracking attempts under Recent activity. Tracking attempts that AVG AntiTrack was unable to block show in orange.
If you are unable to install the AVG AntiTrack browser extension, refer to the steps below.
- AVG AntiTrack 2.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit