- AVG AntiVirus 19.x for Mac
- AVG Internet Security 19.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
To install AVG AntiVirus or AVG Internet Security, follow the instructions below.
IMPORTANT: Before you begin installation, ensure all other programs and internet browsers are closed, and any previous antivirus software is uninstalled.
Install AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security
- Click the button below to download the AVG AntiVirus for Mac setup file.
Download AVG AntiVirus for Mac
- Double-click the downloaded file avg_mac_security_online.dmg (saved to your downloads folder by default).
- Double-click the Install AVG AntiVirus icon in the dialog that appears.
- Click Continue to determine if AVG AntiVirus can be installed.
- In the setup wizard, click Continue.
- Click Continue to confirm that you have read the AVG End User License Agreement.
- Click Agree to confirm that you accept the terms.
- Click Install.
- Use your Touch ID to allow installation. Alternatively, click Use Password, enter your system administrator credentials, and click Install Software.
- Click Close.
- Click Move to Trash to remove the installer.
NOTE: If the System Extension Blocked notification appears, refer to the following article:
AVG AntiVirus is now installed on your Mac and the program opens automatically. If you have purchased a subscription for AVG Internet Security, you need to manually activate the product. Refer to the following article for detailed activation instructions:
To learn how to use AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security, refer to the following article: