This article contains instructions to install AVG AntiVirus, then optionally upgrade to AVG Internet Security by activating an existing subscription.
Install AVG AntiVirus
- Ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your Mac.
- Click the button below to download the AVG AntiVirus setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your Mac (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download AVG AntiVirus for Mac
- Double-click the downloaded
- Double-click the Install AVG AntiVirus icon.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue to confirm that you have read the End User License Agreement, then click Agree to confirm that you accept the terms.
- Click Install to proceed with default installation, or click Change Install Location... or Customize if you want to make changes to the default setup.
- If prompted, use your Touch ID to grant permission for the installation, or click Use Password..., then enter your Administrator Password and click Install Software.
- When the System Extension Blocked notification appears, click Open Security Preferences.
- Click the lock icon, enter your Administrator Password and click Unlock, then click Allow.
- Select the Privacy tab and enable Full Disk Access for AVG AntiVirus. When prompted, click Quit Now, then close the Security & Privacy window.
- Click Close.
- The AVG AntiVirus user interface opens automatically. If you purchased AVG Internet Security, you need to activate your subscription. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
AVG AntiVirus is is now installed on your Mac.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements:
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina), Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave), Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra), Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra), Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite).
- Intel based Mac with 64-bit processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred).
- 750 MB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain application updates and the antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your Mac. For instructions, refer to the vendor's documentation.
- Restart your Mac, then try to install AVG AntiVirus again by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
For more information about the features available in AVG AntiVirus, refer to the following article:
- AVG AntiVirus 19.x for Mac
- AVG Internet Security 19.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)