Logging Blocked Packets to Create Exclusions (AVG Business Management Consoles)
If you are having difficulties with your AVG Business Firewall, you can get a better sense of what the Firewall is blocking down to the packet level, to help create packet rules/exceptions. This can only be done from the end device. However, if you are managing your devices with the Cloud or On-Premise Console, packet rules or exceptions will need to be added to the policies. For more information see Firewall: Advanced Packet Rules.
- Open the AVG Business Antivirus client
- Click Menu in the top-right corner, then click Settings
- On the General tab, click Troubleshooting
- Scroll to the bottom and select Open old settings
- Navigate to Components ▸ Enhanced Firewall ▸ Customize ▸ Advanced
- Check Log all blocked packets, then click Ok
Induce the issue on the device, then check the firewall logs. These logs can be located in the UI by clicking the Hacker Attacks button – click Firewall options, then Logs in the pop-up menu. You can then create rules for any erroneously blocked packets.