- AVG Internet Security (Multi-Device)
- AVG Internet Security for PC
- AVG Internet Security for Mac
Refer to the information below to verify the device limit for your purchased subscription:
- AVG Internet Security (Multi-Device): You can activate your subscription on up to 10 devices simultaneously on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can transfer your subscription freely between devices and platforms.
- AVG Internet Security for PC: You can activate your subscription on 1 Windows PC. You can transfer your subscription to a new PC, but you cannot use your subscription on more than 1 PC simultaneously.
- AVG Internet Security for Mac: You can activate your subscription on 1 macOS device. You can transfer your subscription to a new Mac, but you cannot use your subscription on more than 1 Mac simultaneously.
If you have reached your device limit, or you no longer want to use one of your currently activated devices, follow instructions in this article to stop using your subscription on one of your original devices, and activate it on a new device.
Transfer your subscription
Troubleshoot activation issues
If you experience activation issues using an activation code:
- Ensure you have correctly entered your activation code, including hyphens.
- Use our webform or your AVG Account to retrieve a copy of your activation code, then try activating the subscription again.
If you experience activation issues using your AVG Account:
- Ensure that you are entering the credentials for the AVG Account that is linked to your AVG Internet Security subscription. To verify this, sign in to your AVG Account in your web browser and click the Subscriptions tile to see a list of the linked subscriptions.
- If your AVG Internet Security subscription is not linked to an AVG Account, you can create an AVG Account with the email address that you used to purchase AVG Internet Security.
In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
To learn more about the products included in your AVG Internet Security subscription, refer to the relevant articles below:
- AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus - Frequently Asked Questions
- AVG AntiVirus for Android - Frequently Asked Questions
- AVG Mobile Security for iOS - Frequently Asked Questions
- AVG Internet Security 20.x for Windows
- AVG Internet Security 19.x for Mac
- AVG AntiVirus PRO 6.x for Android
- AVG Mobile Security 1.x for iOS
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or later
- Apple iOS 10.3 or later