If you cannot log in during the remote installation, the problem could be caused by insufficient access rights on target PC. For the remote installation of AVG it is required that target PC's local administrator's account is used, in domain networks it is recommended to use domain administrator account. Please note that the account must have specified non-blank password due to security reasons.
Check your Windows firewall settings
Run the following commands in the command line on the stations to make sure that Windows Firewall is not blocking the installation:
Run the following commands in the command line to make sure that Windows Firewall is not blocking the installation:
- netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable
- netsh firewall add portopening protocol=tcp port=135 name= TCP135
- netsh firewall add portopening protocol=udp port=135 name= UDP135
Windows Vista, 7, or 8:
- netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="windows management instrumentation (wmi)" new enable=yes
Check your AVG Firewall settings
If you have AVG 2012 or older installed on the computer, please configure your AVG Firewall as follows:
- Open AVG Firewall settings.
- Go to Settings - Profiles - Directly connected to the Internet - Applications - Generic Host Process (and Generic Host Process(2)).
DCOM server data
Microsoft DCOM Server
DCOM Client Data (should be allowed by default)
Microsoft DCOM Client (should be allowed by default)
- Run dcomcnfg.
- Navigate to Component Services - Computers.
- Right click on My Computer - Properties.
- Click Default Properties.
- Tick the Enable Distributed COM on this Computer checkbox.
- Run services.msc.
- Navigate to Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and enable the service.
Disable Simple File Sharing (Windows XP)
- Go to My Computer - Tools - Folder options.
- Open tab View.
- Uncheck the Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended) checkbox.
Enable ADMIN Share (Windows 7/8)
- Run Regedit.
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Create a new DWORD "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy" with Value of 1.
Enable Printer and file Sharing
- Navigate to Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and Sharing Center - Change advanced sharing settings - File Printer Sharing.
- Expand the relevant network profile.
- Under File and printer sharing select Turn on file and printer sharing.