This article explains how to uninstall AVG AntiVirus from your Android device. We recommend following the steps for uninstalling AVG AntiVirus via the app settings, as this method automatically deactivates the Device administrator permission for AVG AntiVirus, which is essential for proper uninstallation.
Uninstall via app settings
- Open AVG AntiVirus and tap
☰Menu (three lines) in the top-left corner of the main app screen.
- Tap Settings ▸ Uninstall app.
- Enter your PIN or use your fingerprint to authorize the change. If you do know your PIN, refer to the following article for advice:
- Tap the green (ON) slider so it changes to white (OFF), then tap Uninstall App. The App info screen opens.
- Tap Uninstall, then OK to confirm uninstallation.
AVG AntiVirus is now uninstalled from your Android device.
For instructions on how to reinstall AVG AntiVirus, refer to the following article:
Uninstall using another method
- AVG AntiVirus 6.x for Android
- AVG Protection 6.x for Xperia
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher