AVG Cleaner for Android is available as both a free and paid product. The paid version requires a subscription to use. This article contains instructions to install the free version of the app and optionally activate an existing subscription, or purchase AVG Cleaner.
Install AVG Cleaner
- On your Android device, tap the button below to open the AVG Cleaner for Android product page in Google Play Store. Go to Google Play Store
- Tap Install to download and install the app. When installation is complete, tap Open to open AVG Cleaner.
- Tap Get Started.
- Choose one of the options below:
- Use free version: Tap Continue With Ads ▸ Continue As Free.
- Purchase: Tap Upgrade Now and select your preferred plan, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
- Activate: If you purchased an AVG Cleaner subscription before installation, tap Continue With Ads ▸
⋮(three dots), then select the relevant option to activate your paid subscription. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your Android device meets the minimum system requirements and your operating system is up to date.
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or higher.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain app updates.
- Restart your device and try to install AVG Cleaner again by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
- For more information about features available in AVG Cleaner, refer to the following article:
- AVG Cleaner 5.x for Android
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or higher