Some issues related to AVG mobile apps may require deeper investigation by AVG Support. In such cases, AVG Support representative may ask you to send a bug report. Follow the steps in this article to create a bug report on your Android device and send it to AVG Support.
Create a bug report
- On your Android device, go to Settings ▸ About or (About device).
- Tap the Build number option 7 times to unlock Developer options. On some devices, you may need to first tap Software info.
- Go to Settings ▸ Developer options.
- If Developer options is not automatically enabled, tap the slider at the top of the screen to enable it.
- Tap Take bug report or Submit bug report.
- If prompted to select a type of report, select Full report. Then, tap Report.
- On the notification bar of your device, tap Bug report captured and tap OK in the dialog.
Contact AVG Support
On the Home screen of your device, tap your email client icon (for example, Gmail). Then, follow these steps to send to AVG Support a message with the generated bug report:
- Change the address in the To field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Subject field, type the name of the AVG app your issue is related to and a short description of your issue, for example: AVG AntiVirus for Android - Device performance issue.
- In the body of the message, type the detailed issue description. If you are able to reproduce your issue, record it and include the link to your video in the body of the message.
- Ensure that the bug report file is attached to your message (the .txt file).
- Tap Send.
AVG Support representatives will investigate your issue and contact you as soon as possible.
- AVG AntiVirus 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher