Where can I find the next billing date for my subscription?
How can I identify a charge from AVG on my billing statement?
AVG has partnered with the established eCommerce provider Digital River, which manages the online sale and distribution of our products and services.
The list below includes the different descriptors used by Digital River:
- DRI*AVG Technologies: orders processed by Digital River.
- PAYPAL *DIGITALRIVE AVG: orders processed by PayPal.
- PP*DR AVG TECHNOLO: alternative description for orders processed by PayPal.
What happens if my credit/debit card has expired?
If your credit/debit card will expire before your next billing date, you receive a notification email 30 days before the billing date that allows you to enter new payment details. This notification email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Important information regarding your AVG Technologies subscription.
After you enter and confirm new payment details via the notification email, you are not charged until the next scheduled billing date for your subscription.
Refer to this article for instructions on how to cancel your subscription.
How can I update my payment details?
If your credit/debit card has expired, or will expire before your next billing date, refer to the section above for more information.
If you need to update your payment details for a different reason, we recommend contacting AVG Support.
How can I get a copy of my order invoice?
You can retrieve a copy of your order invoice either via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided at checkout, or via an order confirmation email. Follow the relevant instructions below:
To retrieve an invoice via your AVG Account:
- Sign in to your AVG Account and click the Payments tile.
- Click Get invoice in the box for the relevant AVG purchase.
To retrieve an invoice via an order confirmation email:
- Open the order confirmation email that you received after purchase from email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org for older confirmation emails).
- Locate the sentence To retrieve your invoice, please click here at the bottom of the email.
- Click click here to view your invoice.
Where can I find my order ID number?
You can find your Order ID (sometimes called an Order Number or reference ID) either in your AVG Account, or in the order confirmation email that you received after purchase. For more information about locating your Order ID, refer to the following article:
How long do orders paid by wire transfer take to process?
Payments made by wire transfer can take several days to clear depending on the country where the transfer originates. We only issue the AVG subscription after the full payment is received. Before contacting AVG Support regarding a wire transfer purchase, allow a minimum of seven days for the funds to reach our distributors. If you do not receive your subscription after seven days, contact AVG Support for assistance.
What is AVG's refund policy?
If you are not completely satisfied with your AVG product, contact us within 30 days of purchase to receive a full refund. This 30-day-money-back guarantee applies to AVG consumer products purchased using the following methods:
- Online purchase via the official AVG website.
- Online purchase via an offer within another AVG product on Windows or Mac.
- Google Play Store purchases.
AVG does not normally offer refunds for products if more than 30 days have passed since purchase.
- Retail stores or third-party resellers: Contact the store or reseller directly for information about requesting a refund.
- The App Store: For more information about the refund policy offered by the App Store, refer to the following article from Apple Support:
To review the full AVG refund policy, refer to the following webpage:
How can I request a refund?
You can request a refund for your AVG subscription using either method below:
- Submit your request using our Refund request form.
- Request a refund via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase.
For detailed instructions to request a refund, refer to the following article:
How do AVG subscriptions work?
AVG products are sold as continuous subscriptions. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually cancel it before the next billing date.
How can I cancel an AVG subscription?
Do I need to cancel my AVG free trial?
If you entered payment card details before starting a free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before it ends if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period on the last day of the free trial.
Follow the instructions for canceling your AVG subscription, which also apply to AVG trial subscriptions.
How can I update my contact email address?
You can update the email address where you receive notification emails (for example, notifications about up-coming payments) in your AVG Account.
To change your contact email address via your AVG Account:
- Sign in to your AVG Account with your current contact email address using the link below:
- Click the Account settings tile.
- Under Email, select Change.
- Enter the new email address and your current AVG Account password, then click Save changes.
Your preferences are saved. You now need to use the new email address to sign in to your AVG Account.
How can I update my address and other customer details?
If you need to update your address and other customer details, contact AVG Support and provide both your new and former details.
What can I do if I don't receive an order confirmation email?
If you do not receive an order confirmation email after purchasing a subscription with a credit or debit card, try the solutions below:
- Check the junk/spam folder in your email account in case the order confirmation was filtered from your inbox.
- Check your email inbox and junk/spam folder again later. Order confirmation emails can take several hours to process and send.
- If you do not immediately receive an order confirmation email, you can retrieve your activation code via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- Contact AVG Support and provide the full name and street address that should appear on your order. Once we identify your order, we will check your email address and resend the subscription details to you.
What can I do if my order is duplicated?
If your order is duplicated, contact AVG Support so that we can assist you. Depending on your preference, we can combine your orders to extend your AVG subscription period or refund the duplicate order.
Why is my AVG subscription more expensive than previously?
When you purchase an AVG subscription, we may offer you an initial discounted price. This offer applies only to the first subscription period, after which you are charged full price. The full subscription price is provided during purchase, and you are informed in advance by email before the payment is taken. If you are unhappy with the renewal price, cancel your subscription before the next billing date to stop future charges.
What if my new subscription period does not include the time leftover from my previous subscription?
When you purchase an AVG subscription before your current subscription expires, the new subscription period automatically includes the amount of time remaining on your previous subscription. If our system fails to connect the subscriptions properly, contact AVG Support so that we can extend it manually.
What can I do if I am not satisfied with how AVG Support handled my order inquiry?
AVG Support aims to handle each issue fairly based on your specific case and our existing policies. If you're unsatisfied with the outcome of an order inquiry or feel that your case requires further review, contact AVG Support.
In your support ticket, provide as much information as possible about your case, including:
- Your name
- Order ID
- Ticket ID (if applicable)
Additionally, provide as many details as possible, such as the name of the agent who dealt with your inquiry, a summary of your original issue, and any other information that you believe is pertinent to your case.
- All paid AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems