What is AVG Driver Updater?
AVG Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for broken and outdated drivers, and then updates them to reduce and prevent problems with your PC.
Why should I update my drivers?
Drivers are used by manufacturers to fix issues related to hardware and to ensure best compatibility with the operating system on your PC. Without the latest drivers, your PC may encounter stability problems and stop working properly. An outdated driver can also create security vulnerabilities and enable hackers to infect or access your system and personal data.
What does AVG Driver Updater scan?
AVG Driver Updater scans the hardware devices that need drivers to work properly on your operating system. These devices can include printers, scanners, digital cameras, network and video adapters, as well as sound and graphics cards.
Is using AVG Driver Updater safe for my PC and my data?
During an update, AVG Driver Updater downloads verified manufacturer's driver installers. Additionally, before installing new drivers, AVG Driver Updater backs up all drivers and creates a Windows system restore point. This enables you to restore previously installed drivers or use the Windows system restore point to return to the previous state of your system in case there are any problems with the newly updated drivers.
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for AVG Driver Updater?
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or later, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions).
- 256 MB RAM or above.
- 400 MB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
How do I download and install AVG Driver Updater?
- Click the button below to download the AVG Driver Updater setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download AVG Driver Updater
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avg_driver_updater_online_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install AVG Driver Updater on your PC.
Is AVG Driver Updater a free product?
No. AVG Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. You can download AVG Driver Updater and use it in scan-only mode without a subscription. This allows you to scan your PC for outdated drivers, however, you need to activate AVG Driver Updater with a paid subscription to update your drivers.
Is AVG Driver Updater included in AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security?
No. AVG Driver Updater requires a separate subscription to use. You cannot use another AVG product subscription to activate AVG Driver Updater.
Can I use AVG Driver Updater without installing AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security?
Yes. AVG Driver Updater can be installed as a standalone application, without AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security installed.
Subscription and Activation
How do I activate AVG Driver Updater?
How do I check when my subscription expires?
Open AVG Driver Updater and go to My AVG ▸ My Subscription. The duration of your subscription is listed under Subscriptions on this PC.
Can I use my AVG Driver Updater subscription on multiple devices?
No. An AVG Driver Updater subscription can only be activated on one device.
How can I cancel my AVG Driver Updater subscription?
For detailed instructions on canceling your subscription, refer to the following article:
Usage and Settings
How do I use AVG Driver Updater?
To learn how to use AVG Driver Updater, refer to the following article:
How do I update a previously skipped or ignored driver?
- Open AVG Driver Updater and click See Outdated.
- In the Ignored and Skipped list, click Show details next to the driver you want to update.
- Select Stop Skipping or Stop Ignoring.
- Click Update Selected.
AVG Driver Updater now updates your previously skipped or ignored driver.
Can I set AVG Driver Updater to automatically update my drivers?
AVG Driver Updater automatically scans your hardware every 7 days and notifies you when it detects outdated drivers. To update your drivers, Click Update Now on the notification, or open AVG Driver Updater and click Update Selected.
What does 'unsuccessful update' mean?
If you see the message 'unsuccessful update', it means that something went wrong when AVG Driver Updater tried to update the driver. Try to update the driver again later.
How can I restore a previous driver version?
AVG Driver Updater stores a backup of each driver before updating it to the latest driver version. To revert back to a previous driver version for troubleshooting purposes:
- Open AVG Driver Updater and click See Overview (or See Outdated).
- Click Show details next to the driver you want to restore to a previous version.
- Click Driver versions.
- Click Restore next to the driver version you want to restore.
- Click Restore to confirm.
The selected driver reverts back to the version you selected.
What should I do if activation is unsuccessful?
Ensure that the activation code you are trying to use is for AVG Driver Updater. AVG Driver Updater is not included when you purchase AVG Internet Security, so you cannot use an AVG Internet Security subscription to activate AVG Driver Updater.
If activation is unsuccessful, refer to the following article:
How do I uninstall AVG Driver Updater?
For detailed uninstallation instructions, refer to the following article:
- AVG Driver Updater 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit