AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus FREE monitor your incoming emails and prevent you from receiving infected emails, or emails with malicious attachments. Email protection is provided by different AVG features according your email client:
- If you use an email client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird, Email Shield automatically scans your emails.
- If you use a web based email client such as Gmail or AOL, Web Shield automatically protects you from malicious email content.
If AVG fails to intercept a malicious email, or you notice that you are not receiving certain emails, you may need to correct the port numbers defined in the AVG Geek settings area.
- Open the AVG user interface and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Click Search in the top-right corner.
geek:areainto the text box that appears, and select AVG Geek from the search results.
- Scroll to the Email Shield section and locate the predefined port numbers.
- Edit the port numbers according to your email service provider or mail server configuration.
If you do not know the port numbers that your email service uses, contact your email provider or network administrator, or refer to the settings section of your email client.
- AVG Internet Security 20.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit