This article contains information to help you verify the source of an unexpected charge from AVG on your billing statement, as well as troubleshoot issues relating to your AVG order.
How do charges from AVG appear on my billing statement?
AVG charges appear on your billing statement with the descriptions below:
- DRI*AVG Technologies: orders processed by Digital River.
- PAYPAL *DIGITALRIVE AVG: orders processed by PayPal.
- PP*DR AVG TECHNOLO: alternative description for orders processed by PayPal.
How do AVG subscriptions work?
AVG products are sold as continuous subscriptions. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each billing cycle unless you manually cancel it. Before payment is taken, you receive a notification email from AVG, which informs you about the up-coming charge and contains instructions to cancel your subscription. The date of payment varies according to your purchased subscription type:
- 1, 2, and 3-year subscriptions: You are charged 15 days before the start of the next billing cycle.
- Monthly subscriptions: You are charged 2 days before the start of the next billing cycle.
You can see a list of your current AVG subscriptions in your AVG Account.
Where can I see a list of my payments to AVG?
You can view your full AVG payment history via your AVG Account. This includes the date that each payment was made and the AVG product that was purchased.
How can I verify my active AVG subscriptions?
You can see a list of your active AVG subscriptions in your AVG Account.
Why was I charged for a free-trial version of an AVG product?
When you activate a free-trial version of an AVG product, you are sometimes prompted to enter payment details. This is called a pre-authorized trial. 3 days before a pre-authorized trial ends, you are charged the price of a 1-year subscription for the relevant product. If you cancel your subscription before the pre-authorized trial ends, you are not charged. Before payment is taken, you receive a notification email from AVG, which informs you about the up-coming charge and contains instructions to cancel your subscription.
How can I cancel an AVG subscription?
For detailed instructions to cancel your AVG subscription, refer to the following article:
How can I request a refund from AVG?
For detailed information about AVG's refund policy and instructions to request a refund, refer to the following article:
What can I do if I still don't know why I was charged?
If you are still unable to verify the source of an AVG charge, contact AVG Sales Support. To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, ensure you include the following information in your request:
- Your name
- Any email addresses you actively use
- Your address
- The date you were charged
- The amount paid and the currency used for payment
- The full description of the charge on your billing statement
- For payments made by credit or debit card:
- Your card provider (for example, Visa or Mastercard)
- The last 4 digits of the card number used for payment
- For payments made via PayPal:
- Your PayPal Invoice ID. You can find this in the order confirmation email you receive from PayPal, or your PayPal account. It is the same as your AVG order number.
After sending your request, an AVG Support agent may contact you to request a screenshot, or further details about the charge.
- All AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems