How can I cancel my AVG subscription?
The steps for canceling an AVG subscription differ according to your method of purchase. Refer to the information in the relevant section below.
Will I get a refund after I cancel my subscription?
No. Canceling an AVG subscription does not refund the subscription. To learn more about AVG's refund policy, and for instructions on requesting a refund, refer to the following article:
What happens after I cancel my subscription?
You receive confirmation by email when your cancellation request has been processed. After you cancel an AVG subscription, you can continue to use the paid products and features until the end of the current subscription period. At this point, you can either renew the subscription, or lose access to the paid products and features.
Do I need to cancel my AVG free trial?
If you entered payment card details before starting your free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before the end of the trial period if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period when your trial expires.
Follow the instructions for canceling your AVG subscription, which also apply to AVG trial subscriptions.
What if I can't cancel a subscription via my AVG Account?
Try the possible solutions below:
- If you do not yet have an AVG Account, you can create a new AVG Account with the same email address that you used to purchase the subscription. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- If you do not know the password for your AVG Account, refer to the following article:
- You cannot cancel a subscription purchased via Google Play Store or the App Store using your AVG Account. For instructions on canceling a subscription via one of these vendors, refer to the following article:
- If you are still unable to cancel and AVG subscription using your AVG Account, we recommend contacting AVG Support.
Can I start using my AVG subscription on a new device?
Yes. To transfer your AVG subscription from one device to another:
- Uninstall the product from the original device.
- Install the product on the new device.
- Activate your subscription on the new device.
The exact steps vary according to your product. For more information, refer to the following article:
- All paid AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems