Troubleshoot activation issues
If you experience activation issues using an activation code:
- Ensure you have correctly entered your activation code, including hyphens.
- Use our webform or your AVG Account to retrieve a copy of your activation code, then try activating the subscription again.
- If activation using your activation code still doesn't work, try following the instructions to activate using your AVG Account.
If you experience activation issues using your AVG Account:
- Ensure that you are entering the credentials for the AVG Account that is linked to your AVG Internet Security subscription. To verify this, sign in to your AVG Account in your web browser and click the Subscriptions tile to see a list of the linked subscriptions.
- If your AVG Internet Security subscription is not linked to an AVG Account, you can create an AVG Account with the email address that you used to purchase AVG Internet Security.
In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
To learn more about AVG Internet Security, refer to the following article:
For instructions on transferring your subscription to a new device, refer to the following article:
- AVG Internet Security 20.x for Windows
- AVG Internet Security 19.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)