macOS versions 10.13 or higher require user approval before loading new, third-party kernel extensions. AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security for Mac use kernel extensions for real-time security features. To ensure that your AVG product can fully protect your system, you need to manually allow AVG software extensions.
Allow AVG extensions
- Access Security & Privacy using either method below:
- Click Open Security Preferences from the warning dialog that appears after installing AVG AntiVirus.
- Go to System Preferences ▸ Security & Privacy.
- Ensure the General tab is selected.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Use your Touch ID or enter your administrator password and click Unlock.
- Click the Allow button next to System software from developer 'AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.' was blocked from loading.
- If prompted, restart your Mac, then open your AVG product again.
If the Allow button in your system preferences does not work, refer to the following video for instructions on how to allow AVG software extensions:
- AVG AntiVirus 19.x for Mac
- AVG Internet Security 19.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)