Data and programming interfaces in Android are protected by permissions. Permissions required by AVG AntiVirus on Android are the minimum set that are needed to implement the functionality. If these permissions were removed, the app could not work as it does. We take your privacy very seriously and we do not use the permissions to transmit private data to our servers or to cause unwanted costs to your phone bill.
Permissions required by AVG AntiVirus for Android are divided into the following groups, which consist of a permission name and a short description that explains what a permission does and why the app needs it. This article describes only the most important permissions. To check the full list of permissions, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for
- Scroll down and tap Permission details.
Select one of the following permissions group names to review details:
- Allows Anti-Theft to take pictures of a potential thief.
- Allows App Locking to restore a PIN.
- Allows access to contact details and device accounts to sign in using your Google Account.
- Allows Anti-Theft to store settings in the cloud.
- Allows Anti-Theft to access your location based on your network and GPS. This permission allows you to locate your device when it is lost or stolen.
- Allows Anti-Theft to record the audio of surroundings when your device is lost or stolen.
This permission allows Call Blocker to manage the following:
- Managing and terminating phone calls.
- Getting notified of a new phone call and retrieving it.
- Picking a number from the call history.
- Removing a number from the history when it is blocked.
- Accessing files in the storage and scan them for security threats.
- Deleting malware and junk files from the storage.
- Communicating with our servers and downloading virus databases updates.
- Triggering updates and scan new networks.
- Monitoring Wi-Fi changes.
- AVG AntiVirus 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher