AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus FREE contain a range of components, designed to keep you and your personal data safe online. This article provides instructions to temporarily disable all AVG protection, or individual AVG components.
Disable all AVG protection
- Right-click the AVG system tray icon on your Windows taskbar, then in the menu that appears, click the green slider next to Protection is ON.
- Click OK, Stop to confirm that you want to disable all AVG protection.
The slider turns red (OFF), and all AVG components are disabled. AVG protection will re-enable automatically the next time you reboot your PC.
Disable individual AVG components
- Open the AVG user interface and click the relevant tile according to the component you need to disable:
- Click the Computer tile to disable File Shield or Behavior Shield.
- Click the Web & Email tile to disable Web Shield or Email Shield.
- Click the Hacker Attacks tile to disable Enhanced Firewall, Ransomware Protection, or Password Protection.
- Click the Privacy tile to disable Webcam Protection or Sensitive Data Shield.
- Click the Payments tile to disable Anti-Spam or Fake Website Shield.
- Click the green (ON) slider below the relevant component.
- Select after how long the component will automatically re-enable.
- Click OK, Stop to confirm the action.
The slider below the disabled component turns red (OFF). The component automatically re-enables after your chosen time period has passed. You can also re-enable the component manually at any time by following step 1 above, then clicking the red (OFF) slider, so it immediately turns green (ON).
For more information about the functions of individual AVG components, refer to the following article:
- AVG Internet Security 20.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit