- AVG Secure VPN 1.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
Install AVG Secure VPN
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the link below to download the AVG Secure VPN setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder).
Download AVG Secure VPN
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avg_secure_vpn_setup.exe and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permission, click Yes (or Continue for older versions of Windows).
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Review the License Agreement, select I accept the agreement to confirm that you have read and accepted the terms of the License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Browse... if you want to change the default location for saving AVG Secure VPN program files, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait while setup installs AVG Secure VPN on your PC.
- Click Finish.
AVG Secure VPN is now installed on your PC. If you have already purchased AVG Secure VPN, activate your paid subscription. Alternatively, begin a free-trial period by clicking the OFF slider on the main application screen and selecting the Start Trial option.
The AVG Secure VPN user interface is accessible via the system tray icon on your Windows taskbar, or the icon on your Windows desktop.
Activate AVG Secure VPN
To activate a paid subscription, follow steps in the article below:
- Ensure your PC meets the following minimum system requirements for AVG Secure VPN:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 100 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and use the VPN service
- Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install AVG Secure VPN using the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
NOTE: The latest version of AVG Secure VPN is not supported by and cannot be run on Windows Vista or Windows XP. If you use Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can download AVG Secure VPN version 1.6.667. However, this is an older program version and does not receive updates.
Install AVG Secure VPN Multi-Device on other platforms
After purchasing an AVG Secure VPN Multi-Device subscription, you can use AVG Secure VPN on Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. If you purchased an alternative subscription bundle, or a single device AVG Secure VPN for Windows subscription, you may only be able to use AVG Secure VPN on Windows. Check your order confirmation email, or your AVG Account to confirm which product you purchased and which devices you can use it on.
This article contains instructions to install AVG Secure VPN on Windows. To install AVG Secure VPN on an additional device, refer to instructions in the relevant article below: