AVG AntiTrack is an advanced privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques.
Refer to instructions in the sections below to start using AVG AntiTrack.
Open AVG AntiTrack
You can open the AVG AntiTrack user interface using either method below:
- Double-click the AVG AntiTrack icon on your Windows desktop.
- Click the AVG AntiTrack system tray icon on your Windows taskbar.
Install browser extensions
AVG AntiTrack automatically checks for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera browsers on your PC when you open the application for the first time. You are prompted to install the AVG AntiTrack extension for each browser you have installed. If you skip this step, or need to install the extension later, refer to the instructions in the following article:
My privacy score
When you open AVG AntiTrack, the main application dashboard displays your privacy score, which is an indication of how effectively AVG AntiTrack is configured to protect your privacy.
To improve your privacy score, review the 4 component tiles on the main application dashboard. The tile color reflects the component status:
- Red tiles: Components that are not fully enabled and are preventing AVG AntiTrack from protecting your online privacy.
- Orange tiles: Components that you can configure to further improve your online privacy.
- Green tiles: Components that are enabled and configured effectively to protect your online privacy.
Hover your cursor over a tile for more information about how you can configure the relevant component to boost your privacy score.
The Browser protection tile allows you to enable or disable the AVG AntiTrack browser extension. This tile may be red or orange if the browser extension is disabled on multiple browsers.
After the AVG AntiTrack browser extension is installed, you can easily enable or disable it for an individual browser:
- Click the Browser protection tile.
- Perform the relevant step below:
- Enable a browser extension: Click the red (Not protected) slider so it turns green (Protected).
- Disable a browser extension: Click the green (Enabled) slider so it turns red (Not protected).
Browser cleanup schedule
The Browser cleanup schedule tile on the AVG AntiTrack dashboard allows you to schedule automatic cookie clearing on your browsers, and instantly clear browser data stored in a browser. This tile may be red or orange if cookie clearing is not scheduled for installed browsers, or if you have not cleared browser data for a long time.
Schedule cookie clearing
- Click the Browser cleanup schedule tile.
- Click the drop-down menu next to a browser to select how regularly cookies are cleared.
Cookies for the selected browser now clear automatically as configured.
Clear browser data
- Click Clear Data next to your chosen browser, or alternatively click Clear All Browser Data Now... to clear data from all installed browsers.
- Tick the boxes next to types of data that you would like to remove, or tick the box next to Select all to remove all types of browser data.
- Optionally tick Save these settings, then click Clear Selected. If prompted, click Yes to allow AVG AntiTrack to close the necessary web browsers.
The selected browser data is now cleared.
The Whitelisted websites tile on the AVG AntiTrack dashboard allows you to stop the application clearing cookies from certain websites. This tile may be red or orange if a large number of websites are whitelisted.
To add whitelisted websites:
- Click the Whitelisted websites tile.
- Either tick websites from the Choose From Popular Options drop-down menu, ...or enter a website URL into the left text box, and click Add.
To remove a whitelisted website, click the trash icon in the relevant website's panel.
Monitor tracking attempts
Via the reports screen, AVG AntiTrack allows you to see exactly when tracking attempts are blocked and which websites are attempting to track you. To open the reports screen:
- Click the graph icon at the bottom of the AVG AntiTrack application dashboard.
- Select See All Reports.
From the reports screen, you can view the following:
- Trackers blocked: View graphs showing fluctuation in tracking attempts over time. Hover your cursor over the red dot above a month or a day to see the number of tracking attempts.
- Top tracking attempts: The websites that have attempted to track you most frequently since activation.
- Recent activity: A list showing the most recent tracking attempts, including the name of the website that tried to track you and the time and day of the tracking attempt. Tracking attempts that AVG successfully blocked are green. Tracking attempts that AVG detected but did not block are orange. To ensure AVG can successfully block tracking attempts, install and enable the AVG AntiTrack browser extension on each browser you use.
To access the application settings, click Menu ▸ Settings.
The following options are available from the Settings screen:
- Start AVG AntiTrack when I start my computer (enabled by default): allows AVG AntiTrack to start automatically each time you turn on your PC.
- Minimize AVG AntiTrack when started: minimizes the AVG AntiTrack interface at launch.
- Show notifications for fingerprint changes: displays a notification each time your digital fingerprint is changed.
- Select language: Use the drop-down menu to change the language of the AVG AntiTrack user interface.
- Notify me of blocked tracking attempts: Use the drop-down menu to specify how often you see notifications about blocked tracking attempts.
Your subscription status
- Find the activation code linked to your purchase. This is useful if you want to use your subscription on another PC.
- Check your current application version number.
- Click Check For Updates to check for available updates to the application.
- AVG AntiTrack 2.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit