AVG AntiTrack is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques, and protect your system privacy.
AVG AntiTrack is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques.
Refer to the instructions in the sections below to start using AVG AntiTrack.
Open AVG AntiTrack
You can open the AVG AntiTrack user interface using one of the methods below:
- Double-click the AVG AntiTrack icon on your Windows desktop.
- Double-click the AVG AntiTrack system tray icon on your Windows taskbar.
- Click Go ▸ Applications in the menu bar, then double-click the AVG AntiTrack icon.
- Click the AVG AntiTrack icon in the top-right of your menu bar and select Show AVG AntiTrack.
Check your privacy score
When you open AVG AntiTrack, the application dashboard displays your privacy score, which is an indication of how effectively the program is configured to protect your privacy.
To improve your privacy score, review the five component tiles on the application dashboard. The tile color reflects the component status:
- Red tiles: Components that are not fully enabled and are preventing AVG AntiTrack from protecting your privacy.
- Orange tiles: Components that you can configure to further improve your privacy.
- Green tiles: Components that are already enabled and configured effectively to protect your privacy.
To improve your privacy score:
- Click Improve My Privacy Condition.
- Review the status of the main application components. Components with a red status are not fully enabled and are preventing AVG AntiTrack from protecting your privacy.
- Click a component to configure its settings. For example, ensure browser protection or a regular cookie clearing schedule is enabled for each of your installed web browsers.
Protect your browsers
The Browser protection tile allows you to enable or disable the AVG AntiTrack browser extension. This tile may be red or orange if the browser extension is disabled on multiple browsers.
After the AVG AntiTrack browser extension is installed, you can enable or disable it for an individual browser:
- Click the Browser protection tile.
- Perform the relevant step below:
- Enable a browser extension: Click the red (Not protected) slider so that it changes to green (Protected).
- Disable a browser extension: Click the green (Protected) slider so that it changes to red (Not protected).
You can manage the AVG AntiTrack browser extension from the Browsers screen. AVG AntiTrack currently supports Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. To enable or disable privacy protection for each of the browsers on your Mac:
- Select Browsers in the left panel.
- Click the slider next to your chosen browser:
- Enable: Click the red (NOT ENABLED) slider so that it changes to green (ENABLED).
- Disable: Click the green (ENABLED) slider so that it changes to red (NOT ENABLED).
Clear cookies and browser data
The Browser cleanup schedule tile on the AVG AntiTrack dashboard allows you to schedule automatic cookie clearing on your browsers, and instantly clear stored browser data. This tile may be red or orange if cookie clearing is not scheduled for installed browsers, or if you have not cleared browser data for a long time.
Schedule cookie clearing
- Click the Browser cleanup schedule tile.
- Click the My Tracks panel.
- Click the drop-down menu next to a browser to select how regularly cookies are cleared.
Cookies for the selected browser now clear automatically.
Clear browser data
- Click Clear Data next to your chosen browser. Alternatively, click Clear All Browser Data Now... to clear data from all installed browsers.
- Click Choose data to clear next to your chosen browser.
- Tick the boxes next to the types of data you want to remove, or tick the box next to Select allEnable All to remove all types of browser data.
- Optionally, tick Save these settings if you want your current preferences to be selected by default each time you clear browser data. Then, click Clear Selected. If prompted, click Yes to allow AVG AntiTrack to close the necessary web browsers.
- Click Clear Selected Data.
The selected browser data is now cleared.
Add whitelisted websites
The Whitelisted websites tile on the AVG AntiTrack dashboard allows you to stop the application from clearing cookies on certain websites. This tile may be red or orange if too many websites are whitelisted.
You can put websites on your Cookie Whitelist, which stops AVG AntiTrack from clearing cookies on that website.
To add whitelisted websites:
- Click the Whitelisted websites tile.
- You can tick websites from the Choose From Popular Options drop-down menu, ...or enter a domain name into the left text box, and click Add.
- Click the My Tracks panel.
- Click Open Whitelist.
- You can select a website from the Choose from popular options drop-down menu, ...or enter a domain name into the left text box.
- Click Add.
To remove a whitelisted website, click the trash icon in the relevant website's panel.
Optimize your system privacy
Your Windows operating system has many privacy-related settings that AVG AntiTrack can optimize and monitor for increased privacy. If you are using AVG AntiTrack for the first time, enable System privacy to start protecting your system data:
- Click the System privacy tile on the AVG AntiTrack dashboard.
- Your Windows privacy settings are separated into three categories. You can enable a category by clicking the red (Off) slider so that it changes to green (On). When you enable a category, you optimize all of the related Windows privacy settings. The following categories are available:
- Keep what I do on my computer private: Stop Windows from collecting data about how you use your PC.
- Don't let others quickly access data from my computer: Stop Windows, other applications, and third parties from collecting data about your photos, music, and other media files stored on your PC.
- Improve my computer's login security: Stop hackers from being able to access data stored in your computer accounts.
Your system privacy settings are now updated. AVG AntiTrack actively monitors your system privacy settings and notifies you if any settings are changed without your permission.
For more information about the Windows privacy settings that AVG AntiTrack can optimize and monitor, refer to the following article:
Monitor tracking attempts
Via the reportsReports screen, AVG AntiTrack allows you to see exactly when tracking attempts are blocked and which websites are attempting to track you.
To open the reports screen:
- Click the graph icon at the bottom of the AVG AntiTrack dashboard.
- Select See All Reports.
From the reports screen, you can view the following:
- Trackers blocked: Graphs showing fluctuation in tracking attempts over time. Hover your cursor over the red points on the graph to see the number of tracking attempts.
- Top tracking attempts: The websites that have attempted to track you most frequently since you activated AVG AniTrack.
- Recent activity: A list showing the most recent tracking attempts, including the name of the website that tried to track you and the time and day of the tracking attempt. Tracking attempts that AVG successfully blocked are green. Tracking attempts that AVG detected but did not block are orange. To ensure AVG can successfully block tracking attempts, install and enable the AVG AntiTrack browser extension on each browser you use.
- Fingerprint randomization: The most recent changes to your digital fingerprint.
To open the Reports screen:
- Click the Reports panel.
- Select the relevant tab to view the details below:
- Tracking History: Information about each blocked tracking attempt.
- Fingerprint Changes: The most recent changes to your digital fingerprint.
- Privacy Score: An overview of how effectively AVG AntiTrack components are configured to protect your privacy. Components with a red status are not fully enabled and are preventing AVG AntiTrack from protecting your privacy. Click a component to configure its settings. For example, ensure browser protection or a regular cookie clearing schedule is enabled for each of your installed web browsers.
To learn more about AVG AntiTrack, refer to the following article:
- AVG AntiTrack 2.x for Windows
- AVG AntiTrack 1.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)