Do Not Disturb Mode is a feature in the latest version of AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus FREE, and is an upgrade to the previous Game Mode feature. Do Not Disturb Mode works to silence unnecessary notifications while you run almost any application in fullscreen.
Add an application
Do Not Disturb Mode launches automatically when an application is open in fullscreen. The application is also added to the Do Not Disturb Mode list automatically. When applications on this list are opened in fullscreen again, all notifications from Windows, AVG, and other applications are silenced.
You can also add Applications to your Do Not Disturb Mode list manually:
- Open the AVG user interface and go to Menu ▸ Do Not Disturb Mode.
- Click Add App to add an application in one of the following ways:
- Click each of your chosen applications. Added appears next to an application to confirm that it is now included on your Do Not Disturb Mode list. Then, click the X icon in the top-right corner of the window to return to the main Do Not Disturb Mode screen.
- Click Select App Path, navigate to the location of the application you want to add, and click Open to confirm.
Do Not Disturb Mode allows you to customize certain notification behavior and use the feature according to your needs:
- Open the AVG user interface and go to Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select Tools ▸ Do Not Disturb Mode in the left panel.
- Tick the box next to each setting you want to enable. All settings options are enabled by default.
- Silence notifications from 3rd-party apps: blocks notifications and alerts while you run applications from your Do Not Disturb Mode list in fullscreen.
- Silence AVG notifications: blocks notifications and alerts from AVG while you run applications from your Do Not Disturb Mode list in fullscreen.
- Pause Windows Updates: stops any Windows updates while you run applications from your Do Not Disturb Mode list in fullscreen.
- Automatically add new apps: automatically adds an application to your Do Not Disturb Mode list when you run it in fullscreen.
For more information about Do Not Disturb Mode, refer to the following article:
- AVG Internet Security 20.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit