AVG AntiVirus is a security app for Android, designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. To fully protect your device, AVG AntiVirus for Android needs to run in the background at all times.
Why does AVG AntiVirus run in the background?
AVG AntiVirus runs in the background of your device at all times to ensure its complete and continuous real-time protection. The app is designed to have minimal impact on battery life, while protecting your device with maximum security. Running in the background is also required for certain security features to work, such as App Lock. Devices running Android 8.0 or higher notify you about AVG AntiVirus running in the background, but they do not inform you that this is crucial to your device's protection. Without the ability to run, AVG AntiVirus cannot protect your device. We advise you to submit all feedback about this notification directly to Google.
How can I disable the sticky notification?
The sticky notification ensures your device's complete protection by preventing Android from stopping AVG AntiVirus processes. On devices running Android 8.0 or higher, disabling the sticky notification is not an option. However, the notification can be minimized or configured for minimal interruption, without sacrificing your device's safety.
How can I send my feedback to Google?
- Open Google Play Store on the Home screen of your device.
- Tap your account image in the top-right corner.
- Select Help & feedback.
- Tap Send feedback at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Get started ▸ Make a suggestion.
- Type your feedback. For example: I think antivirus apps should be allowed to run without the sticky notification on the status bar.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom-right corner, then tap Continue.
- When asked if you want to allow Google to email you for more information regarding your feedback, select Yes or No, depending on your preference.
Your feedback has been sent.
- AVG AntiVirus Pro 23.x for Android
- AVG AntiVirus 23.x for Android
- Google Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) and later