For extra security, you can protect your AVG Account with 2-step verification. When you enable 2-step verification, you need to enter your password and a verification code from the Google Authenticator app each time you sign in.
Enable 2-step verification
To enable 2-step verification, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AVG Account and click Go to account settings on the Account settings tile.
- Under Security, click Turn on 2-step verification.
- Enter your AVG Account password and click Continue.
- Download and setup the Google Authenticator app on your Android or iOS device. Follow these steps:
- Click Or scan a QR code to get the app, then open the camera app on your device and scan the on-screen QR code. Alternatively, you can download the app via the Google Authenticator product page in Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Tap Get started on the app welcome screen.
If the Google Authenticator app is already setup on your device, open the app and tap the
+plus icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- In the Google Authenticator app, tap Add a code then Scan a QR code.
- On the instructions screen, click Continue to setup, then scan the QR code with your Android or iOS device.
- In the Google Authenticator app, locate the 6-digit code that is visible under AVG.
- On the instructions screen, enter the 6-digit code from the app, then click Turn On.
- Ensure that you save the recovery code, then click Close.
You can use the recovery code to disable 2-step verification and sign in to your AVG Account if you cannot access the Google Authenticator app.
2-step verification is now enabled.
Sign in with 2-step verification
After 2-step verification is enabled, follow these steps to sign in to your AVG Account:
- Enter your AVG Account email address and password, then click Continue.
- On your Android or iOS device, open the Google Authenticator app.
- Locate the 6-digit code that is visible under AVG.
- On the AVG Account login screen, enter the 6-digit code from the app, then click Continue.
You are now signed in to your AVG Account.
Disable 2-step verification
To disable 2-step verification for your AVG Account, follow the relevant steps below according to your authentication method:
- All available AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems