If you see the error Package Broken or Not a Valid Win32 Application when trying to install an AVG product on your Windows PC, the setup file may be corrupted or incomplete. To fix this issue, follow the steps in this article.
Download your AVG product again
Select one of the following links:
AVG AntiVirus products for Windows
Other AVG products for Windows
Ensure the setup file is uncorrupted
If the error continues to appear, check the integrity of the setup file you have downloaded:
- Go to the folder where you saved the
avg_(...)_setup.exesetup file (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder).
- Right-click the setup file and select Properties.
- Select the Digital Signatures tab. You should see either 1 or 2 digital signatures from AVG Technologies.
- Click on a digital signature to select it, then click Details.
- Locate the message displayed below Digital Signature Information. Depending on which message you see, refer to the relevant instructions below.
- All AVG consumer products for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit