- AVG Internet Security 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
AVG Internet Security is advanced security software that prevents viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC. It additionally protects you and your private data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, hackers, and spammers while you are online.
AVG Internet Security is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. This article contains instructions to install the application and either activate an existing subscription, or start a free-trial period.
Install AVG Internet Security
- Click the button below to download the AVG Internet Security setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder).
Download AVG Internet Security
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avg_internet_security_setup.exe and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, click Install to proceed with default installation, or click Customize if you would like to make changes to the default setup.
- Wait while setup installs AVG Internet Security on your PC.
- Click Continue.
- Select one of the options below:
- Activate: If you purchased AVG Internet Security before installation, activate your paid subscription by either entering a valid activation code from an order confirmation email, or by logging in to the AVG Account registered to the email address provided during purchase. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the article below:
- Start Free Trial: If you do not yet have a paid AVG Internet Security subscription, start a free-trial period and enjoy access to all paid product features for a limited time period.
- Click Run First Scan to run a comprehensive Computer Scan and immediately check your PC for viruses, malware, bad browser add-ons, and other issues.
AVG Internet Security is now installed, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC.
If you are in free-trial mode, the number of days until your trial expires appears at the bottom of the main application screen. Purchase AVG Internet Security before the trial expires to ensure continued access to paid features.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements below and your Windows is up-to-date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC and try to install AVG Internet Security again by following exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support and provide installation log files. For detailed instructions, refer to the article below:
For more information about features available in AVG Internet Security, refer to the article below: