AVG AntiTrack is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques.
In rare cases, AVG AntiTrack may slow down your browser, prevent certain webpages from loading, or prevent email attachments from downloading. If you experience this issue, we recommend following the steps in this article to resolve the issue.
Note: before following the instructions below, ensure that you have the latest version of your browser installed:
If, after updating your browser, AVG AntiTrack is still blocking or slowing down webpages, follow the steps below.
- Fully uninstall and then reinstall AVG AntiTrack by following the steps in the article below:
- If you continue to experience issues, untick Enable tracking detection in your program settings:
- Click Settings from the left-side panel.
- Click Enable tracking detection to untick this option.
- If this doesn't solve your issue, disable browser protection for the affected browser:
- Click Browsers in the left-side panel.
- Click the green (Enabled) slider below the affected browser, so it changes to orange (Not Enabled).
- If none of the above steps solve your issue, remove the AVG AntiTrack browser extension from the affected browser by following the relevant instructions below.
- Click the AVG AntiTrack icon on the Google Chrome address bar and click AVG AntiTrack.
- Click Remove from Chrome.
- Click Remove in the dialog box that appears.
- The AVG AntiTrack browser extension is now removed from Google Chrome.
- Click ☰ Menu in the top-right corner of the Mozilla Firefox browser, then select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions in the left-side panel, then click Remove next to AVG AntiTrack.
- The AVG AntiTrack browser extension is now removed from Mozilla Firefox.