An AVG Account is a portal for managing your paid AVG subscriptions. This article contains information about the different subscription management options that are available in your AVG Account.
View my subscriptions
To open a list of your paid AVG subscriptions:
- Sign in to your AVG Account using the link below:
- Click the My Subscriptions tile.
The My Subscriptions screen lists all of the AVG subscriptions that are currently linked to your AVG Account.
You can check the following details for each of your AVG subscriptions:
- For devices: The maximum number of devices on which your subscription can be activated, and the number of devices on which it is currently activated. This option is not yet available for all AVG subscriptions.
- Period: The length of the subscription period. This is the amount of time your subscription is valid after purchase, before the first renewal. If you do not want the subscription to renew, you can unsubscribe from future renewals.
- Available for: The maximum number of devices on which your subscription can be activated at any time throughout the subscription period.
- Subscription status: The current status of your subscription.
- Next charge (only appears when the subscription status is Subscribed): The next billing date for your subscription.
- Payment method: Details for the credit or debit card that is used for payments. You can change your payment card details via your AVG Account.
- Expires (only appears when the subscription status is Expiring): The date when your subscription will expire. On this date, you will lose access to your paid AVG products.
- Activation code: The valid activation code that is linked to your subscription. After you install a purchased product on a new device, you can enter this activation code to activate your subscription and unlock the paid features.
Check my subscription status
On the My Subscriptions screen, you can verify the subscription status for each of your AVG subscriptions. You may see one of the following statuses:
- Subscribed: This subscription is currently valid. Auto-billing is enabled, which means the subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually unsubscribe from future renewals.
- Expiring: This subscription is currently valid, but expires at the end of the current subscription period because the auto-billing option is disabled. You can check the exact expiration date next to Expires. On this date, you will lose access to your paid AVG products.
- Not Available: This subscription is currently valid, but we do not have information about its current status. This can happen when you manually add an AVG subscription that you purchased via a third-party vendor (for example, a subscription purchased via Google Play Store).
- Expired: This subscription has expired and is no longer valid. You can click Renew now to purchase a new subscription.
When you purchase an AVG subscription via the official AVG website, auto-billing is enabled by default. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually unsubscribe before the next billing date.
The next billing date for each subscription is shown next to Next charge.
To unsubscribe via your AVG Account:
- Click Unsubscribe in the box for the relevant subscription.
- Click Continue.
- Optionally let us know why you are unsubscribing, then click Continue.
- Review the details about your canceled subscription, then click Close.
You have unsubscribed from future renewals for this subscription. You receive confirmation by email.
For detailed instructions on how to unsubscribe via your AVG Account, refer to the following article:
Change my payment card details
To update the payment card details for an AVG subscription via your AVG Account:
- Click Update payment card in the box for the relevant subscription.
- Provide the information for the new payment card under Card details, then click Update payment card.
- If prompted, authorize the change via your bank or payment card provider. Then, click Close.
Your new payment card details are now saved for the selected subscription.
If you want to update payment card details for multiple AVG subscriptions, you need to follow the steps above for each subscription individually.
To learn more about your AVG Account, refer to the following article:
For instructions on transferring your AVG subscription from one device to another, refer to the following article:
If you have additional questions or concerns about managing subscriptions via your AVG Account, contact AVG Support.
- All available AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems