Alarm Clock Xtreme allows you to use voice commands via the 'Hey Google' feature that is available on most Android devices.
Can I use voice commands on every device?
Your device must meet the following requirements to use the 'Hey Google' feature:
- Google Android 4.4 or higher.
- Version 3.5 or higher of the Google app.
- The Voice and Audio Activity setting must be enabled. For detailed instructions to enable this setting, refer to the following article from Google Help:
How can I enable voice commands on my Android device?
First, ensure the Google app on your device is up-to-date:
- Tap the Google Play Store icon on the Home screen of your device to open the store.
- Search for
- Tap Update if this option is available.
To start using voice commands to control Alarm Clock Xtreme, enable the 'Hey Google' feature on your device by following the steps below:
- Tap the Google icon on the Home screen of your device to open the app.
- Tap … More (three dots) in the bottom-right corner.
- Go to Settings (the gear icon), then select Voice.
- Tap Voice Match.
- Tap the gray (OFF) slider next to Hey Google so that it changes to blue (ON) to enable the 'Hey Google' feature.
'Hey Google' is now enabled. To use voice commands to control Alarm Clock Xtreme, you need to ensure that Alarm Clock Xtreme is your default alarm app for the 'Hey Google' feature.
How can I use voice commands to control Alarm Clock Xtreme?
After enabling 'Hey Google' on your Android device, you need to ensure that Alarm Clock Xtreme is your default alarm app for the 'Hey Google' feature:
- Speaking closely to your device microphone, say 'Hey Google'. Wait for the the 'Hey Google' popup dialog to appear, then say 'set an alarm'.
- On the set an alarm screen, locate the icon that indicates your current default alarm app. Tap this icon and select Alarm Clock Xtreme from the options that appear.
Alarm Clock Xtreme is now your default alarm app for the 'Hey Google' feature. After you create an alarm using voice commands, the alarm appears on the main screen of the Alarm Clock Xtreme app. Alarms created using 'Hey Google' behave according to your default Alarm template settings.
Which voice commands does Alarm Clock Xtreme recognize?
- Set an alarm: allows you to set an alarm.
- Show the alarms: displays a list of previously added alarms.
- Set a timer: allows you to set a timer.
To use these voice commands, speak closely into your device microphone, and say 'Hey Google', followed by your chosen command.
For information about other supported Google commands, refer to the following article from Google Help:
- Alarm Clock Xtreme 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher