How can I change the notifications and alerts I see in AVG AntiVirus?
Manage notifications and alerts in AVG AntiVirus for Android via
☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts.
Notifications are divided into the sections below:
- Realtime protection
- Permanent notification: Ensures your complete protection by allowing AVG AntiVirus to run in the background. We strongly recommend keeping the the permanent notification enabled, as without the ability to run, AVG AntiVirus cannot protect your device.
- Clipboard cleaner notification: Notifies you if you have content copied to your clipboard and offers to clear it to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sensitive app notification: Notifies you when a sensitive app is installed and prompts you to protect access to the sensitive app by using App Locking.
- App Install Shield notification: Informs you if the app you are installing or updating is safe.
- Scan complete popups: Displays a popup to inform you immediately when a scan completes and the results are ready to show.
- Low battery ping: Prompts you to turn on Last Known Location so that you can locate your phone after the battery dies, or even after your phone is turned off. Last Known Location is a setting within the Anti-Theft feature.
- Sensitive content detected: Detects when sensitive web content is displayed and recommends that you use a VPN.
- Task killing notification: Notifies you about apps running in the background and offers to stop them.
- Lower battery warning: Informs you when your battery power reaches 30%.
- Wi-Fi networking
- Unknown network dialog: Offers to check security, test speed, and secure connection when connecting to an unknown network.
- Security scan: Offers to scan your network for security threats.
- Speed test: Offers to check your connection speed.
- Auto-scan unknown networks: Automatically scans new Wi-Fi networks for security threats.
- Data Usage alerts
- Cycle usage reaches: Informs you when data usage reaches a percentage level that you specify.
- Cycle limit is reached: Notifies you when your data cycle limit has been reached.
- Daily limit is reached: Notifies you when your daily data limit has been reached.
- Always show data usage in notifications: Always displays data usage in notifications.
Why does AVG AntiVirus for Android display ads?
AVG is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus apps to our users for free, and this is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the pro ad-free experience.
AVG taps into third-party ad networks such as Google's AdMob and Facebook's Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third-party ads in AVG AntiVirus for Android?
To use AVG AntiVirus without third-party ads, upgrade to AVG AntiVirus Pro. To upgrade, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Remove ads and select a subscription plan. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
Alternatively, you can purchase an Ad Free subscription. This option removes third-party ads from AVG AntiVirus, but does not include any additional premium features and benefits. An Ad Free subscription is only available after you have used the Free version of AVG AntiVirus for approximately 40-50 days. When this subscription option is available, the 'Remove ads' panel appears on the main app screen. To purchase an Ad Free subscription, tap the gray (OFF) slider next to Remove ads and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I report an inappropriate ad?
An ad that falls below our quality standards can sometimes sneak through. If you see an inappropriate ad in AVG AntiVirus, we strongly encourage you to follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Instructions for taking screenshots differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most common ways of taking screenshots are:
- Press and hold the power button and volume-down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Tap the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is an essential step).
- Save both screenshots to a familiar location on your device, so you can send them to AVG Support when requested.
- Tap the link below to open our support form:
- Ensure that you select Yes next to Are you currently using any paid/trial AVG products, even if you are using only the free version of AVG AntiVirus.
- Use the relevant drop-down menus to select Android and AVG Antivirus for Android, then enter a brief description of your issue.
- Provide the requested contact information, then tap Request Answer via Email.
We will contact you via the email address you provided to request screenshots of the ad. After we receive the screenshots, we can investigate and potentially block the app or website responsible for the reported ad.
- AVG AntiVirus 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher