This article explains how to cancel an AVG subscription via your AVG Account. An AVG Account was created using the email address that you provided during the subscription purchase. To sign into your AVG Account for the first time, refer to the following article:
If you do not want to cancel via your AVG Account, you can cancel your AVG subscription by contacting AVG Support.
Cancel via your AVG Account
- Sign in to your AVG account using the link below:
- Click Manage subscriptions on the My subscriptions tile.
- Locate the AVG subscription that you want to cancel. If the subscription does not appear on the My subscriptions screen, refer to the Still need help? section below.
- Under the subscription that you want to cancel, click Manage subscription.
- Click Unsubscribe. If you do not see the Unsubscribe button, refer to the Still need help? section below.
- Optionally provide some additional feedback and let us know why you are unsubscribing, then click Continue.
- Ensure No thanks, unsubscribe me from future renewals is selected, then click Confirm & Finish.
Your subscription is now canceled. You receive confirmation of the cancellation by email.
When the subscription is canceled, the status changes to Expiring. You can continue to use your paid AVG products until the expiry date that is shown next to Expires on. After this date, you will either lose access to your AVG products, or your AVG products will switch to the free version.
Still need help?
If this article did not help you to cancel your subscription, refer to the relevant section below according to your issue:
I do not see the subscription I want to cancel
Try one of the possible solutions below:
- Manage a missing subscription: If the subscription that you want to cancel does not appear in your Avast Account, you can manually add the subscription. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Contact AVG Support: If you are still unable to cancel the subscription via your AVG Account, you can contact AVG Support and request that the subscription is canceled. Click the link below to open the AVG Sales Support form:
I do not see the Unsubscribe button
If the Unsubscribe button does not appear under the subscription that you want to cancel, we recommend contacting AVG Support for further assistance.
For more information about canceling an AVG subscription, refer to the following article:
- All paid AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems