AVG AntiVirus for Android is a security app designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. The app also provides a range of features to make the use of your device easier and increase your level of protection. Delivering Android antivirus protection to our users for free is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
How can I change the notifications and alerts I see in AVG AntiVirus?
To manage notifications and alerts in AVG AntiVirus for Android, go to Account ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications.
Notifications are divided into the sections below:
- Notify me when...
- New app is scanned: Lets you know when a newly-installed app is safe to open.
- Lets you know when there's a new guide you can follow: Lets you know when new guides are added to AVG AntiVirus.
- Email found in data breach: Alerts you when the login details for any of your online accounts are compromised.
- 50+ MB of junk found: Lets you when when you can clean junk and free up space on your device.
- Check security summary: Notifies you when your monthly security statistics are ready so you can see how AVG AntiVirus has been protecting you.
- Remind me to...
- Scan Wi-Fi networks for threats: Warns you if you connect to a Wi-Fi network that is new or hasn't been scanned in a while.
- Use VPN for sensitive websites: Reminds you to turn on VPN for extra privacy while visiting sensitive websites.
- Sensitive app notification: Notifies you when a sensitive app is installed and prompts you to protect access to the sensitive app by using App Lock.
Why does AVG AntiVirus for Android display ads?
AVG is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus apps to our users for free, and this is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the pro ad-free experience.
AVG taps into third-party ad networks such as Google's AdMob and Facebook's Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third-party ads in AVG AntiVirus for Android?
To use AVG AntiVirus without third-party ads, upgrade to AVG AntiVirus Pro. To upgrade, tap Upgrade in the top-right corner and select a subscription plan. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
Alternatively, you can purchase an Ad Free subscription. This option removes third-party ads from AVG AntiVirus, but does not include any additional premium features and benefits. An Ad Free subscription is only available after you have used the Free version of AVG AntiVirus for approximately 40-50 days. When this subscription option is available, the 'Remove ads' panel appears on the main app screen. To purchase an Ad Free subscription, tap the gray (OFF) slider next to Remove ads and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I report an inappropriate ad?
An ad that falls below our quality standards can sometimes sneak through. If you see an inappropriate ad in AVG AntiVirus, we strongly encourage you to follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Instructions for taking screenshots differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most common ways of taking screenshots are:
- Press and hold the power button and volume-down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Tap the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is an essential step).
- Save both screenshots to a familiar location on your device, so you can send them to AVG Support when requested.
- Tap the link below to open our support form:
- Ensure that you select Yes next to Are you currently using any paid/trial AVG products, even if you are using only the free version of AVG AntiVirus.
- Use the relevant drop-down menus to select Android and AVG Antivirus for Android, then enter a brief description of your issue.
- Provide the requested contact information, then tap Request Answer via Email.
We will contact you via the email address you provided to request screenshots of the ad. After we receive the screenshots, we can investigate and potentially block the app or website responsible for the reported ad.
- AVG AntiVirus Pro 23.x for Android
- AVG AntiVirus 23.x for Android
- Google Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) or higher