What is AVG Driver Updater?
AVG Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for broken and outdated drivers, then updates them to reduce and prevent problems with your PC.
Why should I update my drivers?
Drivers are used by manufacturers to fix issues related to hardware and to ensure best compatibility with the operating system on your PC. Without the latest drivers, your PC may encounter stability problems and stop working properly. An outdated driver can also create security vulnerabilities and enable hackers to infect or access your system and personal data.
What does AVG Driver Updater scan?
AVG Driver Updater scans the hardware devices that need drivers to work properly on your operating system. These devices can include printers, scanners, digital cameras, network and video adapters, as well as sound and graphics cards.
Is using AVG Driver Updater safe for my PC and my data?
During an update, AVG Driver Updater downloads verified manufacturer's driver installers. Additionally, before updating drivers, AVG Driver Updater backs up all existing drivers and creates a Windows system restore point. This enables you to revert back to previously updated drivers or use the Windows system restore point to return to the previous state of your system in case there are any problems with the newly updated drivers.
AVG Driver Updater automatically tests the components during the scan and after an update. If any issues are found, the problematic driver is marked with an Issue detected tag, allowing you to revert the driver back to the previous version.
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for AVG Driver Updater?
- Windows 11 except Mixed Reality and IoT Edition; Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or later, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE3 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM or above
- 1 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended
How do I download and install AVG Driver Updater?
- Click the button below to download the AVG Driver Updater setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download AVG Driver Updater
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avg_driver_updater_online_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install AVG Driver Updater on your PC.
After installation, you may need to activate the product using your AVG Account or a valid activation code. For detailed instructions, refer to the following articles:
Is AVG Driver Updater a free product?
No. AVG Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. You can download AVG Driver Updater and use it for a limited time without a subscription, but when the free trial expires, you need to activate AVG Driver Updater with a paid subscription to continue using the application.
Is AVG Driver Updater included in AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security?
No. AVG Driver Updater requires a separate subscription to use. You cannot use another AVG product subscription to activate AVG Driver Updater.
Can I use AVG Driver Updater without installing AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security?
Yes. AVG Driver Updater can be installed as a standalone application, without AVG AntiVirus FREE or AVG Internet Security installed.
Subscription and Activation
How do I activate AVG Driver Updater?
You can activate your AVG Driver Updater subscription using either your AVG Account or a valid activation code. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
How do I check when my subscription expires?
Open AVG Driver Updater and go to Menu ▸ My Subscription. The duration of your subscription is listed under Subscriptions on this PC.
Can I use my AVG Driver Updater subscription on multiple devices?
No. You cannot use your AVG Driver Updater subscription on more than one device simultaneously. However, if necessary, you can stop using AVG Driver Updater on the current device and start using it on a new device. For instructions, refer to the following article:
How can I cancel my AVG Driver Updater subscription?
For information about canceling an AVG subscription, refer to the following article:
Usage and Settings
How do I use AVG Driver Updater?
To learn how to use AVG Driver Updater, refer to the following article:
How do I update a previously skipped or ignored driver?
- Open AVG Driver Updater and click See overview.
- In the Ignored and skipped list, click Show details in the panel for the driver you want to update.
- Select Stop skipping or Stop ignoring.
- Click Update selected.
AVG Driver Updater now updates your previously skipped or ignored driver.
Can I set AVG Driver Updater to automatically update my drivers?
AVG Driver Updater automatically scans your hardware every 7 days and notifies you when it detects outdated drivers. To update your drivers, Click Update now on the notification, or open AVG Driver Updater and click See outdated ▸ Update selected.
How can I ensure I am using the latest version of AVG Driver Updater?
To manage settings for AVG Driver Updater application updates:
- Open AVG Driver Updater and go to Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Update Driver Updater in the left panel.
- If you are using the latest version of AVG Driver Updater, you see the message: You're up to date.
- To manage when AVG Driver Updater automatically checks for and installs updates, select your preferred option under Choose how you'd like to get updates.
What does 'unsuccessful update' mean?
If you see the message 'unsuccessful update', it means that something went wrong when AVG Driver Updater tried to update the driver. Click Show details in the panel for the driver to view more details, then click
… More options (three dots) ▸ Skip update. Try to update the driver again later.
How can I restore a previous driver version?
AVG Driver Updater stores a backup of each driver before updating it to the latest driver version. If any issues are found during an update, the problematic driver is marked with an Issue detected tag. To revert back to a previous driver version for troubleshooting purposes:
- Open AVG Driver Updater and click See overview (or See outdated).
- Click Show details in the panel for the driver marked with Issue detected, or another driver you want to revert back to a previous version.
- Click Driver versions in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click Revert next to the driver version you want to restore.
- Click Revert to confirm.
The selected driver reverts back to the version you selected.
For more information about restoring previous driver versions, refer to the following article:
What should I do if activation is unsuccessful?
Ensure that the activation code you are trying to use is for AVG Driver Updater. AVG Driver Updater is not included when you purchase AVG Internet Security, so you cannot use an AVG Internet Security subscription to activate AVG Driver Updater.
To learn how to resolve some of the most common activation issues, refer to the following article:
How can I uninstall AVG Driver Updater?
To learn how to uninstall AVG Driver Updater, refer to the following article:
- AVG Driver Updater 23.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit