When you purchase an AVG product, you may need to manually activate your paid subscription after installation. This article contains instructions to manually activate each product included in your AVG subscription.
If you are unsure which products are included in your AVG subscription, or how many devices you can activate, refer to the section below for instructions:
Verify subscription details
AVG offers single-device subscriptions that are valid for one product on one platform, and multi-device subscriptions that are valid for multiple products on various platforms. To confirm what is included in your subscription, check either your order confirmation email or your AVG Account.
- Order confirmation email:
- Open your order confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for older confirmation emails).
- Check the device limit for your subscription under Product Name.
- Check which products your subscription includes by scrolling to the Getting Started section. A download link is shown for each valid product.
- AVG Account:
- Sign in to your AVG Account using the link below:
- Click the Subscriptions tile.
- Check the device limit for your subscription next to Available for.
- Check which products your subscription includes under Install on your devices. A download link is shown for each valid product.
If you are unable to check your AVG subscription using either method above, refer to the article below for information about what is included in different AVG subscriptions:
Activate your subscription
Activate your AVG subscription using either method below:
- Enter a valid activation code from an order confirmation email.
- Sign in to the application with your AVG Account is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase.
For activation instructions, refer to the relevant section(s) below according to platform:
If you experience activation issues using an activation code:
- Ensure you have correctly entered your activation code, including hyphens.
- Use our webform or your AVG Account to retrieve a copy of your activation code, then try activating the subscription again.
If you experience activation issues using your AVG Account:
- Ensure that you are entering the credentials for the AVG Account that is linked to your subscription. To verify this, sign in to your AVG Account in your web browser and click the Subscriptions tile to see a list of the linked subscriptions.
- If your subscription is not linked to an AVG Account, you can create an AVG Account with the email address that you used to purchase the subscription.
In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.
- All AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems