In AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus FREE, various application components contribute to the overall protection of your PC. You can manually install or uninstall components at any time, however, we do not recommend uninstalling components unless it is necessary for troubleshooting purposes.
Add or remove AVG components via the AVG user interface
- Open the AVG user interface and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Troubleshooting, then scroll down and click Add / Modify Components.
- Tick the box next to components you want to install, untick the box next to components you want to uninstall, then click Change to confirm.
- Click Yes to authorize the changes, then wait while your program is updated.
- If prompted, click Restart computer to immediately reboot your PC and update AVG.
AVG components are now updated.
Add or remove AVG components via the AVG setup wizard
- AVG Internet Security 20.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit