If you are experiencing issues uninstalling AVG Internet Security or AVG AntiVirus FREE from Windows, we recommend first ensuring that you have correctly followed all the steps in the following article to uninstall your product:
If you continue to experience issues uninstalling your AVG product, try using the AVG Clear tool to remove all AVG AntiVirus files from your PC.
Uninstall with AVG Clear
To fully uninstall AVG Internet Security or AVG AntiVirus FREE using the AVG Clear tool:
- Click the button below to download the AVG Clear setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, all downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download AVG Clear
- Right-click the downloaded
avgclear.exesetup file, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- Click No when AVG Clear prompts you to restart Windows in Safe Mode.
- Ensure the relevant AVG application is selected in the drop-down menu. Leave the installation program directory and installation data directory unchanged, unless you changed the location where your AVG application files are saved. Then, click Uninstall.
- Click Restart computer to complete uninstallation.
AVG is now fully uninstalled from your PC.
If you continue to experience issues uninstalling AVG, contact AVG Support.
- AVG Internet Security 22.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 22.x
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit