AVG AntiVirus FREE is essential security software that prevents viruses, spyware, ransomware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC.
Install AVG AntiVirus FREE
- Click the button below to download the AVG AntiVirus FREE setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download AVG AntiVirus Free
- Right-click the downloaded
avg_antivirus_free_setup.exesetup file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, click Install to proceed with default installation, or click Customize if you would like to make changes to the default setup.
- Wait while setup installs AVG AntiVirus FREE on your PC.
- Click Continue from the You're protected screen.
- Click Run First Scan to run a comprehensive Smart Scan and immediately check your PC for viruses, malware, bad browser add-ons, and other issues.
AVG AntiVirus FREE is now installed, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC.
It is no longer necessary to register your AVG AntiVirus FREE, as your initial free subscription automatically activates after installation. For more information, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements below and your Windows is up-to-date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP2 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC and try to install AVG AntiVirus FREE again by following exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support and provide installation log files. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
For more information about the features available in AVG AntiVirus FREE, refer to the following article:
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit