This article contains information about your AVG purchase and other billing-related details.
Refer to the relevant section(s) below:
- Purchase information
- Update your details
- Manage your subscription
- Resolve purchase and billing issues
Find your next billing date
Find your next renewal price
You can find your next renewal price in the billing reminder email that you receive from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identify a charge from AVG on your statement
If your purchase was processed by the Gen eCommerce platform, the descriptor appears on your billing statement as one of the following based on the region:
- AGPXXXXXXXXX or AGAPXXXXXXXXX 'Gen Digital INC'
- APXXXXXXXXX 'Norton Ireland Limited'
- AGPXXXXXXXXXX or AGAPXXXXXXXXX 'Avast Software S.R.O'
- APXXXXXXXXXX 'NortonLifeLock Singapore Pte Ltd. or NortonLifeLock Japan K.K.'
Also, AVG has partnered with established eCommerce providers that manage the online sales and distribution of our products and services in certain regions. In this case, the descriptor appears on your billing statement as one of the following:
|PAYPAL *DRI DRI*AVG TEC
PAYPAL *DRI DRI*AVG
|Google Play Store
|Google Play Apps
|Apple App Store
If you need additional help to verify the source of an unexpected charge from AVG, refer to the following article:
Locate order invoice
You can retrieve a copy of your order invoice either via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided at checkout, or via an order confirmation email. Follow the relevant instructions below:
To retrieve an invoice via your AVG Account:
- Sign in to your AVG Account and click See your order history on the Order history tile.
- Click Get invoice in the box for the relevant AVG purchase.
To retrieve an invoice via an order confirmation email:
- Open the order confirmation email that you received after purchase from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for older confirmation emails).
- Locate the sentence To retrieve your invoice, please click here at the bottom of the email.
- Click click here to view your invoice.
Locate your order ID number
You can find your Order ID (sometimes called an Order Number or reference ID) either in your AVG Account, or in the order confirmation email that you received after purchase. For more information about locating your Order ID, refer to the following article:
Identify the authorized reseller who processed your order
AVG has partnered with established eCommerce providers that manage the online sales and distribution of our products and services.
You can verify which authorized reseller processed your purchase using one of the methods below:
- Billing Statement: Check the descriptor that appears next to the purchase on your billing statement.
- Order confirmation email: Open the order confirmation email that you received after purchase. The reseller that processed the order is normally shown in the body of the email under Authorized reseller.
Update your details
Update your payment details
The following methods are available for updating your payment card details:
- AVG Account: You can add new payment card details via your AVG Account. For instructions, refer to the following article: Managing subscriptions via your AVG Account ▸ Change my payment card details.
- AVG Support: You can add new payment card details by contacting AVG Support.
- Notification email: If your payment card is about to expire, you receive a notification email that allows you to provide new details.
Update your email address and other personal information
You can update the email address where you receive notification emails (for example, notifications about upcoming payments) in your AVG Account.
To change your contact email address via your AVG Account:
- Sign in to your AVG Account with your current contact email address using the link below:
- Click Go to account settings on the Account settings tile.
- Under Email, select Change.
- Enter the new email address and your current AVG Account password, then click Save changes.
Your preferences are saved. You now need to use the new email address to sign in to your AVG Account.
Request a refund
You can request a refund for your AVG subscription using either method below:
- Submit your request using our Refund request form.
- Request a refund via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase.
For detailed instructions to request a refund, refer to the following article:
AVG's refund policy
If you are not completely satisfied with your AVG product, contact us within 30 days of purchase to receive a full refund. This 30-day-money-back guarantee applies to AVG consumer products purchased using the following methods:
- Online purchase via the official AVG website.
- Online purchase via an offer within another AVG product on Windows or Mac.
- Google Play Store purchases.
AVG does not normally offer refunds for products if more than 30 days have passed since purchase.
- Retail stores or third-party resellers: Contact the store or reseller directly for information about requesting a refund.
- The App Store: For more information about the refund policy offered by the App Store, refer to the following Apple Support article: Apple Support ▸ Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.
To review the full AVG refund policy, refer to the following webpage:
Manage your subscription
Manage your subscription
AVG products are sold as continuous subscriptions and you do not need to reinstall the application after auto-renewal. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually cancel it before the next billing date.
Postpone payment date
If the current billing date isn't convenient, you can postpone your payment date by up to 30 days. To change your payment date:
- Sign in to your AVG Account using the link below:
- Click Manage subscriptions on the My subscriptions tile.
- For the relevant subscription, click Manage subscription.
- Click Postpone payment date.
- Select your preferred payment date from the available options.
- Click Confirm & finish, then Close. You will receive an email confirming the change.
Cancel your AVG subscription
Cancel your AVG trial
If you entered payment card details before starting a free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before it ends if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period on the last day of the free trial.
Follow the instructions for canceling your AVG subscription, which also applies to AVG trial subscriptions.
Resolve purchase and billing issues
Did not receive the order confirmation email
If you do not receive an order confirmation email after purchasing a subscription with a credit or debit card, try the solutions below:
- Check the junk/spam folder in your email account in case the order confirmation was filtered from your inbox.
- Check your email inbox and junk/spam folder again later. Order confirmation emails can take several hours to process and send.
- If you do not immediately receive an order confirmation email, you can retrieve your activation code via the AVG Account that is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article: Retrieving an activation code from your AVG Account.
- Contact AVG Support and provide the full name and street address that should appear on your order. Once we identify your order, we will check your email address and resend the subscription details to you.
For a standalone purchase, we recommend trying a different credit card or choose a different payment method (PayPal or Wire transfer).
If the subscription is entitled for automatic renewal and failed, we recommend to update your payment details. If your payment could not be processed in the regular billing period before your current AVG subscription expires, we try to complete your pending payment up to 14 days after the expiration date with the new payment card.
Order is duplicated
If your order is duplicated, contact AVG Support so that we can assist you. We can combine your orders to extend your AVG subscription period or refund the duplicate order if eligible according to AVG's Cancellation and refund policy.
Charged on an expired credit/debit card
When you receive a new credit/debit card because your previous card is lost or has expired, most card companies use account updater services to automatically update your payment details. This allows us to renew your subscription without you manually updating your details.
To verify if your credit/debit card company uses an account updater service, contact them directly or check their support pages.
If your credit/debit card will expire before your next billing date, you receive a notification email 30 days before the billing date that allows you to enter new payment details. This notification email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject: Important information regarding your AVG Technologies subscription.
After you enter and confirm new payment details via the notification email, you are not charged until the next scheduled billing date for your subscription.
Refer to this article for instructions to cancel your subscription.
Time taken to process wire transfer orders
Payments made by wire transfer can take several days to clear depending on the country where the transfer originates. We only issue the AVG subscription after the full payment is received. Before contacting AVG Support regarding a wire transfer purchase, allow a minimum of seven days for the funds to reach our distributors. If you do not receive your subscription after seven days, contact AVG Support for assistance.
More expensive than previous purchase
When you purchase an AVG subscription, we may offer you an initial discounted price. This offer applies only to the first subscription period, after which you are charged full price. The full subscription price is provided during purchase, and you are informed in advance by email before the payment is taken. If you are unhappy with the renewal price, cancel your subscription before the next billing date to stop future charges.
Subscription does not include the leftover time from the previous subscription
When you purchase an AVG subscription before your current subscription expires, the new subscription period automatically includes the amount of time remaining on your previous subscription. If our system fails to connect the subscriptions properly, contact AVG Support so that we can extend it manually.
Not satisfied with how AVG Support handled the order inquiry
AVG Support aims to handle each issue fairly based on your specific case and our existing policies. If you're unsatisfied with the outcome of an order inquiry or feel that your case requires further review, contact AVG Support.
In your support ticket, provide as much information as possible about your case, including:
- Your name
- Order ID
- Ticket ID (if applicable)
Additionally, provide as many details as possible, such as the name of the agent who dealt with your inquiry, a summary of your original issue, and any other information that you believe is pertinent to your case.
- All paid AVG consumer products
- All supported operating systems