AVG Internet Security and AVG AntiVirus FREE allow you to set a password to protect various areas of the application. If you have already created a password but are unable to remember it, refer to the following article:
- Open the AVG user interface and go to Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then click Password ▸ Create Password.
- Define your password, re-enter it, and click Create Password to confirm.
- Select one of the following options:
- Require password to open AVG and access settings
- Require password only to access settings
When you attempt to access any of the password-protected areas, you are required to enter your password and click OK.
- AVG Internet Security 20.x
- AVG AntiVirus FREE 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit