You can repair your AVG Internet Security with the following steps:
1. Press your window key and R key together and then type "appwiz.cpl" and hit "Enter"
2. Here you can see the list of installed applications in your PC.
3. Uninstall the conflicting antivirus (If found).
4. Uninstall the AVG Internet Security and click "Uninstall".
5. Now select repair and continue.
6. Restart your PC.
Please try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue.
If the issue persists, then feel free to write back to this post.
Thank you for writing back to us, Corinne.
We'll certainly check & help you with the cancellation.
As we couldn't locate an active AVG Driver Updater subscription under the email address you've used to contact us here, we've sent you an email requesting further details.
Please check your inbox/spam folders to find the email and use it to get back to us.
We're sorry to hear that.
If you wish to contact our customer care, please visit this link for contact options.
Also, we're more than glad to assist you over this community post.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
Hello, again Blake,
Our specialists got back to me and confirmed the following:
1. The scan history records are stored, and saved in the following directories:
However, these files are encrypted.
2. The records are kept until the application is reinstalled
Once you reinstall the app, it starts collecting the history from the beginning.
I hope this clarifies and helps, let us know if you need any further help!
All the best! Jovana.
Thank you for sharing the screenshot, Brent.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.
We've reported this issue to our developers and they're currently working on a fix, which should be delivered (as an automatic update patch) by the end of this week.
Meanwhile, your continued patience is very much appreciated.
Thank you for understanding in advance!